Friday, October 3, 2008

Creative Escape 2008
(really long post)












Well My last weekend of summer vacation was spent in ARIZONA!!
What a blast it was. I went to an event called Creative Escape, Heidi Swapp who is a famous celebrity scrapbooker was our host along with Doug Jones(he is the owner of the Bazzill Paper company.) These pictures are of me (oh yaa with my haircut 6 inches) and all the teachers at the event. I will list them from top to bottom left to right; Kelly Goree, Kolette Hall, Mr. Bazzill, Tim Holtz, Heidi Swapp, Heidi Swapp, (2 picts cause she's my fave) Janet Hopkins, Jason Hall (keynote speaker), Jenni Bowlin, and the teacher that won a tresure hunt and got picked to teach ,along with some other benefits; Jessica Guthrie.
We made so many fun projects.I learned alot of new techniques. Got tons of free LOOT. Man do they spoil you. I needed an extra suitcase to carry home just the free stuff they give you. This was suggested, so I brought the biggest one I had. And I could have used a third .
The event was 3 days long. We registered and attended a technique boutique on Thursday, and at night we went to the opening ceremony. The following day we got up bright and early to starbucks coffee, freshly squeezed OJ and a HUGE buffett breakast. We then had a list on our name tag that let us know what classes we would attend. All 600 people attended the same 8 classes, but you are split up into groups of 70 each. So 4 classes on Friday and then 4 classes on Saturday. Saturday night was the closing dinner ceremony. Guess what we had FIRST???
DESSERT, how cool was that. I was a little worried that I would be full but no there was enough time in between.
I ended up winning a year long class hosted by Kolette Hall and her husband Jason Hall. The class luckily doesn't start until January. I am really looking forward to that. You see Jason Hall was our keynote speaker, WoW is what I have to say about him. I will tell you a little bit. When he was 15 years old he was in a diving accident, and then at 25 he was in a car accident. He survived both,but he is now a quadroplegic (sp). So he is confined to a wheelchair. He told us a bunch of stories about his life, family and his wife and as soon as you were about to cry,boom he would tell you a joke. He just flowed so nicely. And somehow managed to relate many of his stories to scrapbooking. If he is ever in your area try to get a chance to here him speak.
You can check out his story and get more info about him on his website: www.championinstitute.com . Listening to him changed the way I view many situations in life. Very motivational and positive.
Did I mention the food was amazing. And all included. The hotel another WOW. it was called, wait are you ready for this The Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort. 5 stars yes!!!
Well this is an extemly long post and I have so much more to share from September 8th on.
2 little things really quick about my kids Toni landed her back hand spring, and Shawn scored his first touchdown yeaaahhhhh. More pict to come later.
Bye for now
Caroline

No comments: